TLW Global has raised more than £1,400 for the Bluebell Wood Children’s Hospice during September.
The team smashed the original fundraising target of £750 (which was increased to £1,000) and the fundraising then exceeded the new fundraising target at a total of £1,430.
The Bluebell Wood Children’s Hospice helps to care for children and young adults with life shortening illnesses in their homes and at the hospice. The charity needs to raise £11,000 every day to keep their doors open.
A team of 14 team members at TLW took part in a mileage challenge during September. The team completed an impressive 1,038 miles. The challenge called “Going The Extra Mile” meant the team had to walk, run, swim, cycle or kayak throughout the month. Individually the team completed the following mileage:-
- TLW’s Daniel Hughes, Business Development Manager cycled and walked 110 miles – including a 10 mile hike to the top of Helvellyn in Ullswater!
- Customer Service and Account Manager Claire Dymyd walked 16 miles – some of her mileage was even on her honeymoon!
- Our Managing Director Jason Hughes is cycled 39 miles over the three weeks.
- Our Head of Marketing, Laura Shutkever is kayaked and cycled to 50 miles.
- Digital Marketing Executive Emma McHale ran 104 miles.
- Roy Hughes, Marketing and Admin Director, walked for 26 miles.
- Executive Assistant Lucy Puxty walked 42 miles.
- Kirstie Hancock, Operations Assistant, cycled 35 miles.
- Sales Manager Andrew Marshall walked 42 miles.
- Marcel Ashmore, our Business Development Manager at TLW, cycled 240 miles.
- Purchasing Co-Ordinator Bradley McEwan cycled 164 miles for the charity.
Read more about our mileage challenge for the Bluebell Wood.
Congratulations to those that took part and thank you for helping to raise so much money for the Bluebell Wood.